By Christine Blidy, Chief Network Officer, DSRIP
As our Partners well know, Value Based Payments (VBPs) are no longer a vague or futuristic concept. In fact, New York State has begun this transition in 2018 and has mandated it be fully implemented by 2020.
In our ongoing efforts to enable our Partners to meet this mandate, Millennium is very pleased to announce, “The Shift To Value Based Payment”, a dynamic full-day conference featuring clinical, executive and financial healthcare professionals. This conference will take place 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Wed., June 6, 2018 at the Adam’s Mark Hotel, 120 Church St., Buffalo, NY 14202.
The conference is presented by Millennium and our fellow Performing Providers System Community Partners of WNY in partnership with the Healthcare Financial Management Association and Healthcare Executives Forum.
The conference will feature a series of presentations by nationally recognized experts on Value-Based Payment and performance, as well as a wide array of break-out sessions and collaborative discussions in the afternoon.
CPE and ACHE continuing education credits will be available. CME credits to be announced. Lunch provided. Free parking in Adam’s Mark ramp.
Featured Speaker: Jason Helgerson, former Director of the NYS Medicaid Program
- Jason recently left his position with NYS to enter the private sector and will offer additional perspectives and insights on the implementation of VBP.
Expert VBP Industry and Regulatory Panel Including Audience Q&A:
- Ryan Ashe, MPA, PMP, Director of Medicaid Payment Reform at NYS Department of Health, Albany, NY
- Eric Linzer, President & CEO at New York Health Plan Association, Albany, NY
- Frank Winter. Partnership Manager at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, NY, NY
Presentations and Session Leaders:
- Positioning Organizations for VBP Success :
- Evaluating the Best Structure and Potential Partnerships for Your Organization
- Considerations and Effective Strategies for Risk Bearing Entities
- The Pros and Cons of Provider Sponsored Health Plans
- ACO / IPA Considerations, Formation, Success Factors and Case Studies
- VBP Contracting Challenges and Strategies
- Understanding the Financial Implications and Impacts of Organizational and Governance Changes That Will Be Necessary to Support VBP Success
- A Tactical Discussion on Physician Engagement and VBP
- Kent Bottles, MD, Healthcare Futurist; Chief Medical Officer of CareCoach.com; Senior Fellow at the Thomas Jefferson University School of Population Health, Philadelphia, PA
- Brett Friedman, Partner Health Care Practice Group, Ropes & Gray, NY, NY
- Brad Helfand, Managing Director at HealthScape Advisors, Chicago, IL
- Mark Rucci, ACO Product Manager for SpectraMedix, East Windsor, NJ
Hear from nationally recognized experts on whole person care, best practices for successfully managing the behavioral health population and practical solutions for positioning organizations to succeed in VBP arrangements for this cohort.
- Ian Schaffer, MD, Executive Medical Director, Healthfirst, NY, NY
- Scott Wetzler, PhD., Vice Chairman and Professor. Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. Montefiore Medical Center. Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
Community Based Organizations:
Practical guidance and discussion on building your Value Proposition including strategies to measure and report on performance and outcomes that will resonate in the market.
- Kristin M. Woodlock RN, MPA, CEO, Woodlock & Associates, Monroe, NY
Please save the date… and watch for conference registration information to come!