Value Based Payment and Performance Capabilities
Millennium Collaborative Care Value Based Care Partner Capabilities:
- Conduct organizational and contractual assessments to identify and recommend Value Based Payment best fit options.
- Collaborate with business and clinical stakeholders to develop and produce performance management dashboards, summaries and tools to effectively identify and manage the quality and financial performance indicators associated with Value Based Payment arrangements.
- Support initial, ongoing and final financial monitoring and reconciliation.
Provider Quality and Performance Incentives
Since the inception of DSRIP, Millennium Collaborative Care has flowed over $53.3 million to our network provider partners. These dollars have been utilized to fund foundational and transformational activities across the entire continuum of care to uphold the highest standards of quality care and improve critical health outcomes for the population we serve.
Millennium also recognizes the importance of addressing the social determinants of health that create unique barriers within our populations and has funded an additional $8.4 million in projects and programs through partnerships with community-based organizations.
- MCC is meeting or exceeding the NYS DSRIP Improvement Targets in 17 out of 30 claim-based measures through the first six months of Measurement Year 4 (MY4: July 1–Dec. 31, 2017). MY4 ends June 30, 2018. MY5 = July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.
- For Behavioral Health – MCC is meeting or exceeding the NYS DSRIP improvement targets in 11 out of 13 claim-based measures.
- BH examples include:
- Potentially Preventable Emergency Visit (PPV) – BH
- Engagement in Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Patients with Diabetes and Schizophrenia with Diabetes Monitoring
- BH Discharge with Timely Follow Up – 30 days; 7 days
- MCC is showing improvement over Measurement Year 3 (MY3: July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017) in 21 out of the 30 claim-based measures.
ICYMI: 7 AM Sat., May 30 MCC Health Matters hosted by Rita Hubbard-Robinson, JD, CEO, NeuWater & Associates Guest: Stan […]
7 AM Sat., June 6 MCC Health Matters hosted by Rita Hubbard-Robinson, JD, CEO, NeuWater & Associates Guest: Judith Outten, […]
Millennium Behavioral Health partner and Innovation Program participant ClubWest@BestSelf has shared its June Virtual Group Calendar: https://www.bestselfwny.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/June-Virtual-Groups-calendar.pdf According to Lindsey Kinnaird, RN, […]
More services are not always better.
Healthcare Change means payments for medical services will be based on the quality and the value of the health care patients receive instead of the amount of services rendered. This Value Based Payments (VBP) system requires providers to work together to improve patient care and ultimately impact better health care for the communities providers serve. The objective is for a Value Based Payment System to create savings that can be shared throughout the health care system.