For Physicians/Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners
DATE AND TIME
Sat, September 9, 2017
8:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
Day of Training: Registration & Light Breakfast = 7:30 AM
144 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
This four-hour in person training, in combination with a separate online four-hour training, will prepare healthcare professionals (MD, DO, NP, PA) to apply for a buprenorphine waiver.
Target Audience: Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Apply for a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine to their patients with opioid use disorders
- Identify and assess patients who are appropriate for treatment with buprenorphine
- Describe how to manage opioid addicted patients
- Discuss the psychiatric and medical co-morbidities associated with opioid addiction
- Participants are required to complete a 4-hour on-line component in addition to the in-person training.
- Participants will meet the requirement of DATA 2000 to be qualified to prescribe buprenorphine for opioid-dependent patients
- NPs/PAs can currently take the 8-hour waiver training and it will count towards their waiver application. However, at this time SAMHSA has not finalized the additional 16 hours of training. After completion of this training, NPs/PAs must wait until additional training content is available and complete it before applying for a waiver.
- This program has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for CME (ACCME) through joint providership with the University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences and the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry (AAAP).The University at Buffalo is accredited by the ACCME to sponsor CME for physicians.
- The UB School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
- Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- The University at Buffalo is accredited by the ACCME to sponsor CME for physicians.
- Info: Mary.email@example.com or 716.858.4941