All Millennium Partners – Please be Advised – that the NYS Department of Health (DOH), Office of Mental Health (OMH), Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), and Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) are authorized to waive certain regulatory requirements for DSRIP projects.
Furthermore, please be advised:
- Partners can request a waiver at any time through Millennium. These waivers, if approved, will only apply to Millennium partners.
- Waivers received by another PPS can only be used by partners in that PPS.
- Waivers are only expected to last through the end of DSRIP. At the end of DSRIP, the regulations may go back into effect as before.
- Millennium has created an email address, email@example.com, where all waiver requests and questions can be sent.
Requesting New Waivers:
- NYS Department of Health (DOH), Office of Mental Health (OMH), Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), and Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) are authorized to waive certain regulatory requirements for DSRIP. New regulatory waiver requests are considered on a quarterly basis. Partners cannot request waivers themselves; all requests must be submitted through the PPS.
- Before requesting a waiver, please do thorough research to assess whether a waiver is necessary and/or possible. Many requests have been denied either because no waiver is necessary or the regulation is a Federal or State statute which the departments above have no authority to waive.
- To request a waiver through Millennium, fill out the request form (attached). You’ll need to be able to identify the exact regulation to be waived and provide detail about why the waiver is needed. Email completed requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All DSRIP waiver requests and responses are posted on the NYS DOH website
Using Approved Waivers:
Performing Provider Systems must update the State monthly about which waivers are being used and by whom. Partners must notify the PPS if they are taking advantage of an approved waiver (or planning to). If you do not report it to the PPS, you may be at risk for compliance violations in the case of an audit. Please email email@example.com if you are using an approved waiver so the PPS can file the appropriate paperwork with the state.