Community based services that benefit the public are often underutilized because those who would most benefit don’t know about them.
That’s why more than 25 local agencies have joined to sponsor a community event to showcase available services from 1 to 4 p.m. May 16 in the Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center auditorium.
Collectively known as Connect 4 U, they are calling the event “When Community Becomes Unity: A Free Community Education Day.”
“Connect 4U is a group of community agencies that came together to increase awareness, educate the community on care coordination and identify what resources are available to the people we collectively serve,” said Vicki Landes, Memorial’s vice president for Community Care Coordination and Services. “We want as many people as possible to walk through the auditorium that day to learn more about what our community has to offer.”
The event isn’t only for service consumers, Landes added. Organizers hope staff members from other area agencies and service providers will embrace it as a networking opportunity.
“Now more than ever, improving the health and well-being of people in our communities requires the formation of strong partnerships between community-based organizations, healthcare institutions and other agencies. This event is designed to help foster relationships that will encourage those partnerships,” Landes said.
To learn more about “When Community Becomes Unity: A Free Community Education Day,” call Vicki Landes or Latasha Rivers at (716) 278-4647.
The following Connect 4 U agencies will be present at When Community Becomes Unity: A Free Community Education Day
- Belmont Housing Resources for WNY
- Berkshire Farm Center for Youth Breast and Prostate Peer Education
- Buffalo Federation of Neighborhood Centers
- Catholic Charities WIC
- Community Health Center of Niagara
- Community Missions
- Complete Senior Care/PACE
- GuildCare Adult Day Health Care
- HART, Inc.
- Heart, Love and Soul
- National Grid/Consumer Advocacy
- Neighborhood Legal Services
- New York State of Health
- Niagara County Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Niagara County Department of Social Services
- Niagara Falls Housing Authority
- Niagara Falls Memorial Health Homes
- Niagara Ministerial Council
- Northpointe Council
- Packard Court Community Center
- Visiting Nurses Association (VNA)
- SUNY Attain Lab
- The Dale Association
- Western New York Independent Living