With the primary objective of building community health infrastructure in preparation for value-driven reimbursement; Millennium Collaborative Care has selected 24 Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to enroll in three Millennium-developed programs offering Value Based Payment (VBP) technical assistance.
The CBOs representing the eight counties of Western New York were selected following a review process that included 24 applications and six inquiries. CBOs were evaluated on their ongoing ability to support integrated, person-centered solutions and health outcome improvement; in addition to the direct services the CBO provides relating to social determinants of health (SDOH) Food, housing, transportation, childcare, employment, and education.
The programs and participating CBOs are:
Millennium’s Value-Based GetSET Readiness Program:
- Buffalo Federation of Neighborhood Centers
- Cattaraugus Community Action
- Directions in Independent Living
- Erie County Council for the Prevention of Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Housing Options Made Easy
- Jewish Family Service
- Salvation Army
Value-Based Proposition Program:
- Community Action Organization of WNY
- Community Health Worker Network of Buffalo; Erie Niagara Area Health Education Center
- Healthy Community Alliance
- Native American Community Services
- Neighborhood Legal Services
- The Arc of Erie County 2
- The National Witness Project;
- Urban Fruits and Veggies
Millennium’s Value-Based Enrichment Program:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Crisis Services
- Harvest House
- It Takes A Village Action Organization
- Renaissance Addiction Services Inc.
- Rural Outreach Center; 211 of WNY
“We have developed these programs to help Community Based Organizations strengthen their internal infrastructure at the operations level to ensure the provision of high-quality care, improved outcomes, and survival in the value-based payment (VBP) world,” said Al Hammonds, CSSBB, Executive Director, Millennium Collaborative Care.
“Ultimately, we’re striving to assist organizations to identify their value proposition(s) and recognize and respond to business opportunities; and ensure organizations are positioned for success relating to the New York State Department of Health VBP Roadmap.”
About Millennium-Developed Value Based Payment Readiness Programs
The primary objective of Millennium-developed VBP Readiness Programs is to support integrated, person-centered solutions and health outcome improvement. The programs are directed at participating CBOs that provide direct services related to social determinants of health (SDOH) Food, housing, transportation, childcare, employment, and education. Ultimately, Millennium is striving to prepare agency partners to participate in the future state—an integrated delivery system that is being transformed through Medicaid redesign and is expected to bear risk through payment reform.
Millennium’s Value-Based GetSET Readiness Program
• 24-month intensive program based on Health Foundation for Western and Central New York model.
• Timeline: Jan. 2019–March 31, 2021
• Next step: in-person launch event in late March (for all CBOs and all consultants).
• Program includes:
• Assignment of Consultant to CBO to help organization with capacity-building plan and value proposition statement.
• Implementation of a self-assessment gap analysis (SAGA) at baseline.
• Assessment of organizational strengths/weaknesses in eight core competency areas.
• Development and implementation of a capacity-building plan.
• Development/enhancement of the organization’s value proposition(s).
• Group-based education sessions on relevant topics and issues.
• Peer mentoring.
Eight Millennium CBOs were selected to participate in the Value-Based GetSET Readiness Program:
• Buffalo Federation of Neighborhood Centers
• Cattaraugus Community Action
• Directions in Independent Living
• Erie County Council for the Prevention of Alcohol and Substance Abuse
• Housing Options Made Easy
• Jewish Family Service
• Meals on Wheels
• Salvation Army
Value-Based Proposition Program
• Collaboration with Community Partners of Western New York (CPWNY).
• Group sessions and technical assistance provided by a contracted VBP expert.
• Timeline: Nov. 2018–March 31, 2020.
• Kickoff held Dec. 21, 2018, with eight CBOs.
• Feb 27, 2019 is next session for new group of CBOs.
• Program includes Group training sessions and technical assistance is provided on developing value proposition statements.
Nine Millennium CBOs were selected to participate in the VB Proposition Program including:
• Community Action Organization of WNY
• Community Health Worker Network of Buffalo
• Erie Niagara AHEC
• Healthy Community Alliance
• Native American Community Services
• Neighborhood Legal Services
• The Arc of Erie County 2
• The National Witness Project
• Urban Fruits and Vegetables
Millennium’s Value-Based Enrichment Program
• 4-month series of webinars and group education sessions led by Millennium and guests.
• Launch date: Feb. 27, 2019
• Four-month program includes:
• Webinars/educational workshops.
• February: Creating Value Proposition Statements.
• March: Transitioning through Change and Creative Problem-Solving.
• April: Data Gathering for CBOs.
• May: Contracting.
• Technical assistance on value-based propositions from Millennium staff.
• Peer mentoring.
• Group training on creating value propositions.
To date, seven CBOs attested to Millennium have enrolled to participate in the Value-Based Enrichment Program:
• Crisis Services
• Rural Outreach Center
• Renaissance Addiction Services Inc.
• 211 of WNY
• Alzheimer’s Association
• Harvest House
• It Takes A Village
For further information, please contact:
Kimberly Backey, EMBA,
Manager of Cultural Competency & Diversity Initiatives