LuAnne Brown, CEO, Buffalo Prenatal-Perinatal Network and Tim Boling, Executive Director, Compeer participate in a panel discussion.
After months of preparation, Millennium Collaborative Care has launched its premier Value Based Enrichment initiative — “Value Based GetSET Readiness” for seven Community Based Organizations (CBOs) selected to participate in the two-year program including:
• Buffalo Federation of Neighborhood Centers
• Cattaraugus Community Action
• Directions in Independent Living
• Erie County Council for the Prevention of Alcohol and Substance Abuse
• Housing Options Made Easy
• Jewish Family Service of Buffalo & Erie County
• Salvation Army
The launch meeting was held Friday, March 29, 2019 in the Community Room at Meals On Wheels for WNY and was attended by CBO leaders, staff and board members. It is the start of a 24-month intensive program based on Health Foundation for Western and Central New York model that will include:
• Implementation of a self-assessment gap analysis (SAGA) at baseline.
• Assessment of organizational strengths/weaknesses in eight core competency areas.
• Development and implementation of a capacity-building plan.
• Development/enhancement of the organization’s value proposition(s).
• Group-based education sessions on relevant topics and issues.
• Peer mentoring.
Millennium Executive Director Al Hammonds greets GetSet participants including Kristy F. Tyson, MBA, Roswell Park/National Witness Project and Millennium Board Member, and Peter C. Carpino, principal and founder, TheCarpinoGroup.
CLICK ON LINK FOR MCC FACEBOOK PHOTO ALBUM: https://tinyurl.com/y68mmh8u
“As we begin our fifth year in the New York State Delivery Service Reform Incentive Payment Program – also known as DSRIP – I can tell you without hesitation that this Value Based GetSET Readiness Program represents the single largest investment Millennium has made in our Community Based Organizations in our history,” said Al Hammonds, Executive Director, in welcoming remarks.
“The Community-Based Organizations who were selected for this program – and who are here today – represent the best of the best!” he continued. “And if I can steal a word from the NCAA basketball tourney … You are the ‘ELITE SEVEN’!! We have absolutely no doubt that each one of you are going to advance… and that you are going to stand tall in the very near future as role models for how CBOs can successfully thrive in this emerging Value Based world.”
According to Kim Backey, Millennium Manager of Community Engagement, the seven CBOs were selected following an extensive review process that evaluated applicants on their ongoing ability to support integrated, person-centered solutions and health outcome improvement; in addition to the direct services the CBO provides relating to social determinants of health (SDOH) Food, housing, transportation, childcare, employment, and education.
Glenda M. Cadwallader, Founder, Cadwallader & Associates Consulting Services with members of the Jewish Family Service of Buffalo & Erie County team including Donna Possenti, left, Chief Operating Officer and Matilda Lorenzo, Vice President, Human Resources.
Organizational Development Consultant Mike Cardus exchanges ideas with Leonard Liguori, Chief Executive Officer, Directions in independent Living.
Key to the success of Millennium’s “GetSet” program is the assignment of an Organizational Development Consultant to each CBO to help the organization with capacity-building plan and value proposition statement. The Consultants selected were described by Al Hammonds as “the amazing group of Organizational Development Consultants assembled here today to help coach and guide our CBOs as you move forward.” They include:
• Laurie Allan, MA, MS, Registered Organization Development Professional, and Carl Herrgesell of Laurie Allan & Associates LLC
• Stephanie Argentine, JD, MBA, GPHR, Founder and Principal, solve
• Organization Development by Mike Cardus
• Glenda M. Cadwallader, Founder, Cadwallader & Associates Consulting Services
• Peter C. Carpino, principal and founder, TheCarpinoGroup
• Mary Beth Debus, President of Program Savvy Consulting
• Marta Hiczewski, MS, Partner and Gregory J. Hiczewski, MBA, CPA, Partner, The Magellan Group LLC
• Yvonne Minor Ragan, Ph. D and Antoinette M. Amos, MA, Ragan & Amos
• Cultural Competency & Diversity Consulting
“Like our CBOs, our OD Team is also made up of Elite; best-in-class professionals who were especially selected for this program,” Al added. “We have the utmost trust in each of their tremendous knowledge, experience and abilities to help take you to the next level.”
“Thank you once again to everyone for your both your commitment… and your willingness to go first,” said Al in his closing remarks. “Health care – like never before – is changing rapidly. And with this rapid change is coming – right now — significant new opportunities for Community Based Organizations to step up … sit down at the table… and lock into new – game changing – partnerships. It’s not an over statement to say that everyone in this room is at the forefront of something that has never been down before. And I for one can’t wait to see the great results I know you will produce!!”