The Workforce Development Committee is a special committee of the Millennium Collaborative Care Performing Provider System (PPS).
The committee reports to Millennium’s Board of Managers and has overall responsibility for developing and implementing a comprehensive “workforce strategy” that will support and advance Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program healthcare improvement initiatives.
As with all MCC projects, the Workforce team has been heavily engaged in tasks and milestones. Over the last year, the team has completed the Current Workforce Survey, the Compensation and Benefit Survey, the Target Workforce Baseline, Gap Analysis Baseline Report, Transition Roadmap Baseline Report, Staff Impact Projections, and a 500+ page Training Strategy Baseline document.
In addition to creating the reports, the team has also met with MCC Project Managers to discuss their projects, completed organizational assessments with a majority of the partner facilities, assessed and trained on the Millennium Learning Center and workforce data gathering tool, and created subcommittees for the Training Strategy and the Workforce Transition.
Next steps include gathering information to complete quarterly reports on all baseline documents, the development of a communication plan, a staff impact update and workforce spending data collection, and the roll out of the Millennium Learning Center platform to partner facilities.
“It has truly taken a team to complete the tasks that are in the implementation plan,” said Jan Brown, Director Human Resources and Workforce, Millennium Collaborative Care. “We continue to be energized for the future of Healthcare!”
Workforce Development Committee
Front row seated from left: Tim Freer, Director Human Resources, Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center; Irma Tyszko, Talent Acquisition Manager, Bryant and Stratton College; Al Hammonds, Executive Director, Millennium Collaborative Care; Joyce Martinez, Human Resources Director, Olean General Hospital.
Back row standing from left: Val Putney, Workforce Program Coordinator, WNY Rural Area Health Education Center (AHEC); Christine Kemp, Administrative Director, Safety Net Association of Primary Care Affiliated Providers (SNAPCAP); Jan Brown, Director Human Resources and Workforce, Millennium Collaborative Care; Bill Wilkinson, CSEA Union Representative; Isabella Mendola, CSEA President, ECMC; Honor Martin, Vice President, Clinical Services, Aspire of WNY; Rustam Ushurov, Program Specialist, WNY Rural Area Health Education Center; Josh Russell, Training Coordinator, WNY Rural Area Health Education Center.
Workforce Development Committee members not pictured:
- Jennifer Brinkworth, NYSNA Union Representative/Charge Nurse, ECMC
- Richard Canazzi, AFSME Union President
- Carla DiCanio-Clarke, Director Human Resources/Strategic Initiatives, Kaleida
- Laura Donahue, Human Resources, Kaleida
- Michael Graham, NYSNA Union Representative
- Debora Hayes, CWA Union Area Coordinator
- Cathy Huff, President, Rural Area Health Education Center
- Siobhain Kemblowski, Workforce Development Coordinator-SEIU 1199 Fund
- Greg Kloss, Human Resources Manager, Olean General Hospital
- Tim McNamara, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Upper Alleghany Health System
- Steve Riczker, Director of Special Projects, The Resource Center
- Dr. Riffat Sadiq, President, WNY Medical, PC and Geriatric Association
- Karen Swartz, Vice President, Human Resources, Kaleida