Meet Millennium: Clinical Pharmacy Specialists Esra Mustafa, PharmD and Tera McIlwain, PharmD, are members of Millennium’s Population Health Services Team dedicated to providing care coordination support to our partners.
The Team is led by Dr. Kenyani Davis, Millennium Assistant Medical Director and also includes Sandy McDougal, Project Manager, Maternal and Child Health, who focuses on clinical; Esra Mustafa, PharmD and Tera McIlwain, PharmD; and LaTonya Diggs, LMSW, Behavioral Health Project Manager, who leads the oversight and implementation of the Care Coordination Strategy focusing on Social Determinants of Health.
The Team’s services include:
• Address gaps in care.
• Assist with meeting quality and performance metrics.
• Help physicians work with their patients in attaining disease state goals (e.g. A1c, BP).
• Improve medication adherence and patient education.
• Improve the medication reconciliation process within the primary care practices.
• Decrease discrepancies found in patient medication lists.
• Identify and address gaps in care for Social Determinates of Health-related concerns.
• Strengthen partnerships with Community Based Service providers.
• Help patients connect to needed community resources.
• Provide partners with the tools and support for their patients to become advocates for their own health.
Tera McIlwain, PharmD
Prior to joining Millennium, Tera most recently served as a Pharmacy Resident at Union Medical Pharmacy in West Seneca, NY. She holds a Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD) from D’Youville College; and is a member of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York, Inc. (PSSNY); the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP); and the American Pharmacists Association (APhA).
Esra Mustafa, PharmD
Esra most recently worked for Mobile Pharmacy Solutions as a Clinical Pharmacist; and also served as an Adjunct Instructor at the State University of New York University at Buffalo. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy with a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (PharmD).
To access pharmacy support or any other of the Team’s services; please contact Michele Mercer, RN, MSHA, Chief Clinical Integration Officer at 716-898-4293; firstname.lastname@example.org