Horizon Health Services and Millennium Collaborative Care have announced a new partnership with Enhanced Patient Services (EPS), a patient-focused program supported by Millennium.
This program is free to Horizon clients and works closely with clients and their provider to improve health goals. The Millennium Enhanced Patient Services Team has nurse healthcare coaches, a social worker, community health workers, and pharmacists that work together to get clients in control of their health.
Why would this program be good for Horizon clients?
- Clients have an illness like Diabetes, Asthma, COPD, or High Blood Pressure.
- Clients are tired of going to the Emergency Room for their illness.
- Clients have had a hard time keeping their doctor appointments.
- Clients need help with getting food, housing, getting rides to their appointments, or finding specialty care.
The Millennium Enhanced Patient Services Team works with clients to build a plan which is shared with their provider to make sure they have the medications, resources, and skills to
be in charge of their health.
PHARMACIST is able to:
- Review a client’s medications and make suggestions to their provider for them.
- Help clients remember to take all their medications.
- Teach clients the best way to use their medical supplies.
NURSE HEALTHCARE COACH is able to:
- Help clients find solutions for their healthcare needs.
- Help clients set goals and give them the tools to achieve them.
- Keep a client’s provider updated on their progress and the ways they can help the client.
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER & SOCIAL WORKER are able to:
- Connect clients to resources in the community.
- Work with community-based organizations to support clients
For more information on Millennium’s Enhanced Patient Services, please call: 716-898-6453
or email at email@example.com
MCC Pharmacist at Horizon Bailey Ave. Counseling Center Tuesdays, 1 PM to 5 PM
Tera McIlwain, PharmD, Care Manager Pharmacist from Millennium’s Enhanced Patient Services Program will be working with Horizon Health focusing on medication education, answering medication related questions and encouraging medication adherence. Tera will be available each Tuesday from 1 PM – 5 PM at Horizon Health Services – Bailey Counseling Center
located at 3020 Bailey Ave, Buffalo, NY 14215.
Prior to joining Millennium in 2018, Tera previously served as a Pharmacy Resident at Union Medical Pharmacy in West Seneca, NY. She holds a Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD) from D’Youville College; and is a member of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York, Inc. (PSSNY); the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP); and the American Pharmacists Association (APhA).