Still Time to Register; Attend All or Part!
FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
By Al Hammonds, CSSBB
With the beginning of DY3 Q1 on April 1, we have continued to focus on perhaps one of our most important goals of implementing value-added, sustainable healthcare delivery change.
Namely, we must continue to expand our vision from primarily seeing the “patient-of-one”; to instead understanding that every patient is part of a broader “population”.
- Perhaps the population an individual is a part of is faced with a scarcity of safe housing and affordable healthy foods.
- Perhaps a patient is among a community experiencing inadequate educational outcomes.
- Perhaps good employment opportunities are limited depending on one’s race or ethnic group.
So, how do these “social determinants” impact healthcare? They impact everything!
In fact, understanding their impact and the roles all those on the integrated “healthcare team” need to play are at the heart of effective “Population Health” management.
MAY 10 CONFERENCE
On May 10, Millennium will seek to expand and perhaps “re-set” all our collective mindsets as relates to how we view and care for patients as we host “A Focus on Population Health Conference…Improving Care and Healthcare Outcomes in WNY.”
To lead this interactive discussion, we’re extremely pleased to welcome two prestigious keynote presenters:
- Jonathan H. Burroughs, MD, MBA, FACHE, FAAPL, President and CEO of The Burroughs Healthcare Consulting Network, Inc., and one of the nation’s foremost authorities on “Population Health.
- View a preview of Dr. Burroughs presenting on YouTube.
- Jason Helgerson, New York’s Medicaid Director, who also serves as the Executive Director for New York’s Medicaid Redesign Team, nationally recognized as a 2015 Innovation in American Government.
Thank you in advance to our partners who have replied to our e-Invitation and who are planning to join us on May 10 at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center.
For partners who have not yet replied, but still wish to attend, there’s still time to register!
In addition to yourself, also please feel free to invite up to 3 additional team members to the Population Health Conference.
To attend the Conference, please provide the following for each individual attending (including yourself) and please SEND TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
I/we will attend the May 10 Conference!
- Job Title(s)
See you May 10!
We look forward to seeing all of you at what I’m certain will be a milestone event for our DSRIP efforts!