- This event has passed.
CARE AND CHOICE at the END OF LIFE Conference
October 16 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm$45
Approved for 6.5 CEUs for NY LMSW, LCSW & LMHC
This conference will focus on improving end of life care and delivering services in the most respectful manner for both patients and family members.
Sessions will focus on developing competence and training for end of life care planning; improving compassion at the end of life; and exploring ethical and regulatory compliance issues for professionals.
Conference attendees will be able to:
- Identify patient, family and professional barriers to meaningful conversations about advance care planning and end of life care.
- Explain the importance of advance care planning and end of life care to consumers/patients and their family members.
- Employ strategies for implementing and improving communication about advance care planning and end of life care.
- Describe key legal and ethical issues surrounding advance care planning; including documentation and determining competency.
- Advocate for quality advance care planning and compassionate end of life care that meets consumer/patients’ wishes.
- Exemplify the role of advocate for the provision of physical, psycho-emotional and spiritual care in the context of advance care planning and end of life care.
This conference is intended for:
Behavioral Health Professionals
Human Resource Officers
Suicide Prevention Coalitions